Thursday, September 22, 2011






Mission Hyderabad through my eyes





I have always had an ardent passion for history and historicalmonuments,Mansions,Palaces,Havelies,churches, mosques,Temples,forts ,structures,Tombs or anything thatconcerns our far gone past ,nothing makes me happier thanbeing in the midst of ruins or the above mentioned places.So I decided to start in my very own Hyderabad the mostromantic and warm city I've ever known and loved .The above picture is of All Saints Church(Secunderabad ) It was build in 1860 by the British to serve thethe British Cantonment ,situated in Trimulgherry this Gothicstructure has such an imposing look, the circular staircase atthe entrance reminded me of St.Mary le Strand in London.Oneither side of the church there are a number of turrets and atower belfry. When I entered the Anglican church they werehaving a choir practise for the next Mass, behind the alter is astained glass window depicting Jesus carrying his cross.Thepews ,lamps the alter a painting of Our Lady holding Jesus thebaptismal font ,its nave and its pulpit at the alter gives you thatantique look as they are all well preserved.Queen Elizabeth IIvisited the church in 1983. The church has a lovely garden anda pond in front of the main entrance.











1 comment: